Friday, September 16, 2011

Eye Specialists for Cataracts

Question: I have a question about what type of eye specialist we need. I have a daughter that had cataract surgery and had a lens implant put in about one year ago. I am now seeing a discolored film developing on the eye. My question is what is the best type of eye doctor to help with this? What type of eye doctor specializes in this type of condition?

Answer: Chances are that your daughter's Ophthalmologist or Cataract Surgeon will be able to diagnose the condition you are observing on the outside of the eye. If you would be more comfortable seeking an opinion from someone who is a specialist in external diseases of the eye, most Corneal Specialists also have specialized training in external eye diseases and would be well suited to evaluating the condition. You can check the credentials of many Cataract Surgeons and will find that they also are Corneal Specialists.

Important Note: The information presented on the About Cataract Surgery Blog or provided in response to a request for information in the Ask Cataract Surgeons section on is not intended to diagnose or treat eye problems, eye conditions or eye diseases including appropriateness of treatment, risks, complications or side effects as related to Cataracts, Cataract Surgery of Lens Implants. In particular a response to an inquiry made on the Ask Cataract Surgeons section of is not meant to take the place of the professional medical care provided by your eye doctor, ophthalmologist and Cataract Surgeon. Contacting us via e-mail or any other means is not a substitute for medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment