Sunday, November 23, 2014

Toric Multifocal Lens Implant Vision & Optical Complaints

Question: I had cataract surgery in both eyes in Dec of 2013. I paid quite a lot of money for the Bausch & Lomb Trulign Toric Multifocal Lens Implants. I only have far vision in my right eye and intermediate vision in my left eye. I still have glare from lights especially at night. I have a different type of glare in my right eye that appears to be coming from the lens itself.  I notice yellow beams of light with color in it when bright light enters at an angle from the outside of my eye. I can't find any literature pertaining to this post-op condition. I am being followed up by my cataract surgeon. This just doesn't seen normal.  Should I obtain a second opinion?  What if anything can I do about this.

Answer: You are describing a number of vision and optical complaints that require further investigation. It is impossible to know the cause or causes without a thorough clinical evaluation that includes the actual surgery status and lens implant position, the preoperative measurements, the current refractive status, corneal topography, aberrometry, slit lamp microscopic evaluation and perhaps even retinal evaluation. At this point in time it would be worthwhile to consider getting a second opinion with someone who is specifically a cataract and refractive surgeon as from what you describe the complaints may have originated from a combination of the cataract surgery as well as the lens implant calculations, placement and design itself.


Important Note: The information presented on the About Cataract Surgery Blog or provided in response to a request for information in the Ask CataractSurgeons section on aboutcataractsurgery.com is not intended to diagnose or treat eye problems, eye conditions or eye diseases including appropriateness of treatment, risks, complications or side effects as related to Cataracts, Cataract Surgery or Lens Implants. In particular a response to an inquiry made on the Ask Cataract Surgeons section of aboutcataractsurgery.com is not meant to take the place of the professional medical care provided by your eye doctor, ophthalmologist and Cataract Surgeon. Contacting us via e-mail or any other means is not a substitute for medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment