Friday, August 31, 2012

Fuzzy Lens Implant Vision

Question: My cataract surgeon misunderstood what kind of vision I wished to have and my toric lens implant has reduced my distance vision in my left eye so that it is fuzzy. It was my good distance eye and I was functioning quite well seeing inside and out. Now all I see is fuzziness until I put on glasses which I was trying to avoid for most of my activities. Can this be corrected or am I stuck with this situation?


Answer: From what you describe it sounds as if your left eye may have been calculated to help you see at intermediate or near range rather than at distance. In light of the fact that you do not wish to wear glasses there are really two options to discuss with your Cataract Surgeon. If your eye health is otherwise normal and the primary Cataract Surgery and Lens Implant procedure that you had was basically uneventful, then it may possible to have a Lens Exchange, whereby the Lens Implant is removed and exchanged for one with a more appropriate power so as to correct your distance vision. Another alternative is possibly to seek the advice of a LASIK Surgeon who can tell you if it would be possible to correct the vision with a LASIK Surgery procedure so that your distance vision was crisper and clearer for you.

Important Note: The information presented on the About Cataract Surgery Blog or provided in response to a request for information in the Ask Cataract Surgeons section on aboutcataractsurgery.com is not intended to diagnose or treat eye problems, eye conditions or eye diseases including appropriateness of treatment, risks, complications or side effects as related to Cataracts, Cataract Surgery or Lens Implants. In particular a response to an inquiry made on the Ask Cataract Surgeons section of aboutcataractsurgery.com is not meant to take the place of the professional medical care provided by your eye doctor, ophthalmologist and Cataract Surgeon. Contacting us via e-mail or any other means is not a substitute for medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment